New diagnosis, adult autism

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with ASC as I have struggled for as long as I can remember with just being me. I don’t know what I’m doing to be honest, I just thought joining might help me in some way, I have been told several times to apply for pip, and finally got the outcome back this week, zero points, has anyone any advice please? Or even just to say what I have said here is ok? Thank you 

Parents
  • Hi

You're in the right places to learn about yourself, but support from outside is a fiction, to get PIP you must be entirely unable to fend for yourself. If you had a time when you did manage that you will get refusal

• Hi

You're in the right places to learn about yourself, but support from outside is a fiction, to get PIP you must be entirely unable to fend for yourself. If you had a time when you did manage that you will get refusal

Children
  • I get high rate PIP because of my disabilities and while I won't say this is true, PIP is something you should only expect to get if your disability severely impacts your life.  The issue I can see with disabilities like ASD, ADHD or any mental health condition is that you can argue: why do you need money?  For me it was about going private for diagnoses, medication, therapy, and various other social aspects.

I think people applying should ask themselves why they need the money and what they are going to spend it on.  Physical disabilities may require equipment and treatments not provided publicly, but many people with ASD may not need to make these big payments to cater to their disability on a regular basis.