New diagnosis, adult autism

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with ASC as I have struggled for as long as I can remember with just being me. I don’t know what I’m doing to be honest, I just thought joining might help me in some way, I have been told several times to apply for pip, and finally got the outcome back this week, zero points, has anyone any advice please? Or even just to say what I have said here is ok? Thank you 

Parents
  • Congratulations on your diagnosis. I have certainly found this community helpful. Whatever your question, some friendly, supportive voice will be there, possibly with some ideas to help. So a warm welcome to you.

PIP - phew, I know of people who lie to the system who get it and yet so many honest ones with real need who don't. Those contractors are employed to find reasons not to give it to you. If it's any consolation though many people do get it on appeal. They are just hoping you don't have the energy to do that.

• Thank you for the warm welcome, we have sent the mandatory reconsideration off today, so hopefully their decision will change, I will just worry until then

• Hate to say it but they will likely push it to appeal in the hope you will just go away. Appeal though! Many of them win at that point.

Reply Children
No Data