hi

Hi i have a son who is 6 years old he is in mainstream school,but the other day i was ask to come in to discuss hes behaviour  ,and they said that they cant meet hes needs as hes behaviour is bad and that i should look into another school ,is that right for them to do that and leaving it to us ,i feel that they aint really help us ,even though they say they have . bernice 

Parents
  • Does he have a diagnosis? That might dictate who in the council can help you.

Your son has a right to an education. The council must provide that. End of.

An individual school can decide that they "can't meet need", but sometimes for want of proper training in autism they don't know how or can't be bothered.

You need to focus on the triggers for your son and ask what they are doing to support. If he has a diagnosis some one from the council SEN team should be helping you.

Good luck

• Does he have a diagnosis? That might dictate who in the council can help you.

Your son has a right to an education. The council must provide that. End of.

An individual school can decide that they "can't meet need", but sometimes for want of proper training in autism they don't know how or can't be bothered.

You need to focus on the triggers for your son and ask what they are doing to support. If he has a diagnosis some one from the council SEN team should be helping you.

Good luck

Children
  • my son got diagnosis two years ago but only got he echp not long ago ,he as a one to one teacher in class and it as help ,but there worry about hes behaviour so they ask ask to look for a school that can support hes need,but two years ago they said he was mainsteam but he aint.