hi

Hi i have a son who is 6 years old he is in mainstream school,but the other day i was ask to come in to discuss hes behaviour  ,and they said that they cant meet hes needs as hes behaviour is bad and that i should look into another school ,is that right for them to do that and leaving it to us ,i feel that they aint really help us ,even though they say they have . bernice 

Parents
  • the school my son go's to feels that we should apply for the new school as, they dont what the new school to look at them as they cant help a child with bad austim and that aint right ,thanks for the comments 

• I think if they are being vocal about not being able to meet his needs it's not ideal, but I suppose it is still better that they are admitting to their failures rather than silently acting like nothing is up at your sons expense.

I would strongly suggest to them that they help you arrange a placement at another school though as they know more educators and the education world first hand, especially as they would have some duty of care to assist in the transition anyway. If they expect you to simply pull your son out of education without first securing another placement that would be very neglectful of them.
    And use words to that effect when dealing with them. Honestly they will look worse to the new school if they just left you to it, so I'm not sure why they are even attempting to use that excuse.

• I think if they are being vocal about not being able to meet his needs it's not ideal, but I suppose it is still better that they are admitting to their failures rather than silently acting like nothing is up at your sons expense.

I would strongly suggest to them that they help you arrange a placement at another school though as they know more educators and the education world first hand, especially as they would have some duty of care to assist in the transition anyway. If they expect you to simply pull your son out of education without first securing another placement that would be very neglectful of them.
    And use words to that effect when dealing with them. Honestly they will look worse to the new school if they just left you to it, so I'm not sure why they are even attempting to use that excuse.

Children
No Data