Newly diagnosed - autism online groups

Hi,

My name is Jazmin, I'm 20 and I was diagnosed with ASD yesterday. I am wondering if there are any online support groups that have online meetings where I can find like minded people and learn more about autism etc

Thank you

• Hi Jazmin.  Congratulations on your diagnosis.

Depending on your area you might find MINDCASS are doing some.  They run 6 week courses in our area either online or in person for newly diagnosed people or those awaiting an assessment.

• Hi Jazmin and welcome to the online community! In addition to the suggestions already in this thread, you might want to have a look at the autism services directory here on the site - https://www.autism.org.uk/directory - which you can filter by type of service and location to look for support groups in your local area or online.

Hope this is of some help,
    Ross - mod

• Hi. Congratulations. you're lucky to find out early in your life.

It's funny when people come to an online community and ask if they know of any online community. SmileyIt's as if they were asking for permission to speak.

You're not the first. It just occured to me

• Hi Jasmin there is a website meetup.com that has quite a few Autism meets . Some are online some do both. There are also groups that do discussions on aspects of Autism, others just a chat. There are also meet ups with a specific subject leaning, for example Neurodiverse Spirituality.  Also I see you are 20 years old. There are some young people who have turned up for meetings but would like to meet with young people therefore it might be good to search for one that suits. I have found them very useful.