6th Form

Please could someone give me some advice. My son is almost 17, he has just started 6th form in a mainstream school studying his A levels. He was diagnosed with ASD at age 8. 

He has decided that he is non binary and has changed his name in school. He lives in a bubble and thinks the world revolves around him. I know this sounds harsh but he is planning on going to university in 2 years, and literally has no idea how the world works. He's been given so much freedom now in school he's become very arrogant! He is throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get his own way. He is 6ft3 so can be very intimidating when he looses his temper. I am now at a complete loss as to what to do. He has absolutely no regard for anyone other than himself. No interest in anything other than his playstation. He does absolutely nothing!! 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated Pray 

Parents
  • Ok, so adolescence, ASD, or the world giving them a hard time because it doesn't understand them. 

Without knowing your kid, it's hard to say. Mixture? I do know they will need to be taken as seriously as they need to take others. Boundaries yes, but then with a conversation around 'what's upsetting you?'

• Ok, so adolescence, ASD, or the world giving them a hard time because it doesn't understand them. 

Without knowing your kid, it's hard to say. Mixture? I do know they will need to be taken as seriously as they need to take others. Boundaries yes, but then with a conversation around 'what's upsetting you?'

Children
No Data