My 11 son and school life

My son was diagnosed last year with ASD , I had to fight to get a diagnosis ended up going private, it’s been a hard year as he has always known he is different. 
just recently hormones have kicked in and he has just started secondary school and he has found this so hard. This particular school was highly recommended due to their SENCO department, but I’m struggling to get them to help. 
it’s been so hard for both of us and I’m finding life really hard. 
Anyone have any ideas how I can make school life better for him?? 

Parents
  • I'm in the exact position with my 11 year old son who was diagnosed with and recently. Aiden has just started secondary school and he just isn't coping whatsoever. From what I gathered from conversations with aiden he has said there's too many people around, too much noise (like we'd expect). Aiden has also expressed that he doesn't know how to interact with others and feels very alone amongst his peers. I don't know if this maybe one of your sons struggles also? Are you involved in any mental health services such as set camhs?

• I'm in the exact position with my 11 year old son who was diagnosed with and recently. Aiden has just started secondary school and he just isn't coping whatsoever. From what I gathered from conversations with aiden he has said there's too many people around, too much noise (like we'd expect). Aiden has also expressed that he doesn't know how to interact with others and feels very alone amongst his peers. I don't know if this maybe one of your sons struggles also? Are you involved in any mental health services such as set camhs?

Children
No Data