University

I am about to start Medical School again after failing my first year. Due to my autism I get overwhelmed by having too many priorities. I struggled last year with 3 jobs and studying but it was the only way I could afford to go university, as I have to pay my own tuition fees. I get very tired when I do too much and have too many sensory overloads, so I think the only way medical school is going to work is if I don't work. Does anyone know any scholarships or financial support for disabilities ? 

Parents
  • I didn’t do a medical degree and I was told that you couldn’t possibly have time to do enough study if you work more than 10 hours a week. I can’t imagine anyone doing a medical degree having time for much paid work. Could you talk to the disability department to see if there are any special accommodations available which could make the studying less stressful or time consuming? Scholarships are usually given by the university themselves, I don’t know if the finance department would be able to point you in the right direction for help? Although in my experience they were all about taking money

• I didn’t do a medical degree and I was told that you couldn’t possibly have time to do enough study if you work more than 10 hours a week. I can’t imagine anyone doing a medical degree having time for much paid work. Could you talk to the disability department to see if there are any special accommodations available which could make the studying less stressful or time consuming? Scholarships are usually given by the university themselves, I don’t know if the finance department would be able to point you in the right direction for help? Although in my experience they were all about taking money

Children
No Data