Hello. Waiting Game.

Hello, I just joined here. I'm not officially Autistic yet, I'm currently playing the waiting game... I've been waiting 2 years already and still don't seem any closer to being assessed. I am busy with work and other life things but all the same I wish I could just get this over with and know what I think I already know. My niece and nephew are both Autistic and we are similar in many ways which is why I decided to go for am assessment diagnosis, my wife thought it a good idea as well.

I do suffer etc anxiety disorder unfortunately and I do find myself doubting whether I should do this. But I'm hoping I will hear soon. I just don't like the waiting and not hearing anything, I have been told Covid is responsible for this.

A little about me. I have lots of Autistic traits, the difficulties with people and interaction. Change hits me hard. I'm sensitive to many things and I have never understood humour, all of this my niece is exactly the same and that was mentioned during her assesment and diagnosis. I may not be but I would like to know :) 

I work as a veterinarian, I love classic cars and own two, and I like to collect vintage alcohol and enjoy the wee whiskey ;)

Good to meet you.

Parents
  • Hello and welcome to the community.

The waiting can be a long time unfortunately. But I think it's definitely worth the wait, just to know and get that understanding that comes with it. It's good to hear your wife is supportive of this as well.

Being a vet sounds interesting. I love animals. Do you have a fav animal? I like pigs and wolves best.

Your interest in alcohol is cool. My grandad used to really like wine. Every Christmas he let me have a sip but I hated the taste and spat it out again lol.

• Sorry I only just saw your reply! I think I've done the right thing in pushing for an assessment. I just have a lot of self doubt sometimes. I'm going to give them a call Monday if I've not heard anything. My wife is a huge support, she's always there for me and I am truly lucky to have her.

My work is my life to be honest. I've never wanted to do anything else :) it's hard work at times and can be sad but I love it. My favourite animal is horses. I think they are beautiful and magnificent animals. They are also my favourite to work on. I also like wolves, very intelligent. Though I've never worked on a wolf... Yet!

I do love alcohol. I own quite a few vintage alcohols now and have a beautiful crystal decanter and glasses set which is very old. It was my grandmother's.

Alcohol can be an acquired taste. My wife isn't a huge fan of red wine.

• Sorry I only just saw your reply! I think I've done the right thing in pushing for an assessment. I just have a lot of self doubt sometimes. I'm going to give them a call Monday if I've not heard anything. My wife is a huge support, she's always there for me and I am truly lucky to have her.

My work is my life to be honest. I've never wanted to do anything else :) it's hard work at times and can be sad but I love it. My favourite animal is horses. I think they are beautiful and magnificent animals. They are also my favourite to work on. I also like wolves, very intelligent. Though I've never worked on a wolf... Yet!

I do love alcohol. I own quite a few vintage alcohols now and have a beautiful crystal decanter and glasses set which is very old. It was my grandmother's.

Alcohol can be an acquired taste. My wife isn't a huge fan of red wine.

Children
No Data