Hi.

Hi, I'm Eve. Grinning

I have Autism, also suffering from anxiety and schizophrenia. I'm on meds for most of everything and have a 'team' though not a lot of help honestly. I feel I'm better when it's just me and I can be myself. I'm finding my sensory overload difficult at the moment and I'm trying to get out of burnout. Everything is so bright, my hands feel sensitive to everything makes washing my hair hard - nurse offered to do it for me but I said no - and I'm exhausted. If I'm walking for ten minutes I need to nap almost immediately.

I was hoping to do college again but I've had to drop out as I'm not in a good enough state at the moment to do it. Feel bad about that but I guess I need to be 100% to do it. I don't want to have to be in hospital again, last year I was in 3 times. Hoping to keep it 0 this year.

I'm looking forward to meeting people here and hopefully making friends and finding understanding. I find not many people really get me. Even the professional seem to not understand.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hello Dawn. It's lovely to meet you x

Yes they really do. It's like Autism is invisible to a lot of them! That's how it seems at times. Unfortunately I was sectioned last year and on the papers there was a condition/disorder bit and Autism wasn't even mentioned even though I was diagnosed with it first when I was 13. I do try to explain about it too everyone I see and meet but they don't really believe it.