4 year old son - ASD & ADHD diagnosis

Hi everyone,

I was sons consultant recommended I join the NAS community. 

My 4 year old son has recently been diagnosed with ASD & ADHD. I am very lucky that his school has been proactive and the process of applying for a EHCP has already been started. 

Along with his final report/diagnosis, the consultant wrote a 'Not fit to queue' letter, advising that my son is unable to wait in line etc. 

I was wondering, in terms of support when we are out, si there is any type of card or ID that I can get to prove he has ASD/ADHD? Or do I need to carry around the final report (12 pages) and 'Not fit to queue' letter?

For example, he would love to go to the cinema, but hates loud noises/environments so has never been. I know some so SEN sessions but they ask for proof of SEN. How do I do this?

This is all very new to me and would really appreciate and advise in ways that we can get help / make life easier and get him experiencing new things.

Thanks so much! 

Parents
  • You can get sunflower landyards, so others are aware he may need support.

I believe some people carry a card to show anyone of any problem their child has.

Not sure if you get DLA and carer's allowance. If you have a carer's card you can get a reduction to go in some places. My son went with his Dad to play crazy golf and got a reduction which helps if he can't manage the whole course. They also went early as he doesn't like to be there when it is busy. I guess the carer's card would be proof. Some local authorities do a card too.

• You can get sunflower landyards, so others are aware he may need support.

I believe some people carry a card to show anyone of any problem their child has.

Not sure if you get DLA and carer's allowance. If you have a carer's card you can get a reduction to go in some places. My son went with his Dad to play crazy golf and got a reduction which helps if he can't manage the whole course. They also went early as he doesn't like to be there when it is busy. I guess the carer's card would be proof. Some local authorities do a card too.

Children
No Data