Hi! Dual diagnosis- Adhd and autism

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to have found this community, can't wait to hyper focus on it and read through as many posts as possible! I only just got diagnosed with autism so there's a lot I'm hoping to learn.

Just wondering if anyone else has a dual diagnosis of ADHD and autism, and if so, if you feel like one of them affects you more on a daily basis/forms a larger part of your self-identity?

Parents
  • Hi Hannah,

Welcome, how are you feeling about the diagnosis? it took me a while to accept it but now i am really pleased with it.

Not personally, but i know a lot of people here have both. which one do you feel affects you more?

Alisha xx

• Hi Hannah,

Welcome, how are you feeling about the diagnosis? it took me a while to accept it but now i am really pleased with it.

Not personally, but i know a lot of people here have both. which one do you feel affects you more?

Alisha xx

Children
  • Hi Alisha!

Thank you! I'm really glad to hear you're feeling good about your diagnosis now. I'm actually feeling mostly positive about mine, I think because I had already found out I was neurodivergent two years ago when I got my ADHD diagnosis, so the recent ASD diagnosis wasn't as much to get my head around. It's also been nice to add another piece to the puzzle to help me understand myself better- did you find this?

And I would probably say the autism affects me more at the moment.

Hannah xx