Post 16 Education options?

My daughter had to leave mainstream school due to anxiety and depression as a result of masking for many years.  She attended a smaller provision for children unable to access education due to mental or physical illness.  Her attendance was still patchy, but she managed to sit her GCSE'S. 

The next stage now is 6th Form College. She has a couple of options of courses to do, but will obviously have to attend the college. She has been looking forward to it, but yesterday was registration day (which she wanted to attend in person) and she had a panic attack on the way there.

Without getting bogged down in the details of reasonable adjustments etc, the reality is she may not be able to attend.  Does anyone know What? Where? If? there is an alternative to physically attending 6th form? 

I have contacted careers advisor who said she could do Maths and English on line course. But this is a functional skills one  and she is beyond that, in "normal" circumstances she is very academic. I want her to feel she is moving forward without feeling overwhelmed. 

Any advice would be appreciated,  thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Hiya,

is there any accommodations that could be put in place for her? let her know that 6th form is a lot different to 'school', the timetable has a lot less on it, and people are a lot nicer and more supportive (in my experience)

what does she want to do? i know that you can do A-levels online, and basically teach yourself

good luck xx

• Hello,

Thanks for your reply. She is very good at writing and would like to pursue a career down that route. We are trying to put everything in place to enable her to attend college as we all know getting out each day with a purpose will be really good for her and it's what she wants. Experience has taught me to be realistic and have a back up plan though.

• Hello,

Thanks for your reply. She is very good at writing and would like to pursue a career down that route. We are trying to put everything in place to enable her to attend college as we all know getting out each day with a purpose will be really good for her and it's what she wants. Experience has taught me to be realistic and have a back up plan though.

Children
No Data