Post 16 Education options?

My daughter had to leave mainstream school due to anxiety and depression as a result of masking for many years.  She attended a smaller provision for children unable to access education due to mental or physical illness.  Her attendance was still patchy, but she managed to sit her GCSE'S. 

The next stage now is 6th Form College. She has a couple of options of courses to do, but will obviously have to attend the college. She has been looking forward to it, but yesterday was registration day (which she wanted to attend in person) and she had a panic attack on the way there.

Without getting bogged down in the details of reasonable adjustments etc, the reality is she may not be able to attend.  Does anyone know What? Where? If? there is an alternative to physically attending 6th form? 

I have contacted careers advisor who said she could do Maths and English on line course. But this is a functional skills one  and she is beyond that, in "normal" circumstances she is very academic. I want her to feel she is moving forward without feeling overwhelmed. 

Any advice would be appreciated,  thanks in advance.

Parents Reply Children