Autism Diagnosis

Hi everyone my name is Pauline and I am 47 years old,I recently did an AQ10 questionare and it came up high for Autism which I had suspected for sometime,I contacted my Dr who basically said that it's very difficult to get a diagnosis and you would need a family member to corroborate what I was like as I child,the problem I have is because I am older both sets of parents and grandparents have passed away and my half sister and myself are estranged and she didn't grow up with me anyway.my GP isn't really interested in helping and said she can't refer me just solely on the AQ10 test so I am now at a loss as to what to do?any advice would be appreciated.Pauline.

Parents
  • Dr who

that guy is a time lord!!! lol

anyway, yeah as a adult we get ignored, autism is mainly only for child support it seems. they dont care as soon as you are a adult. i dont know what you can do, our health services are terrible, our GPs never care. to be fair when i was a kid they didnt care or notice anything then despite how off rails and crazy i was, they probably notice things better now but its just raw luck you was born in a time just before they started at least attempting to spot mental health issues in kids, but in adults it is still ignored as no one cares about adults, even if we pay tax.

• Dr who

that guy is a time lord!!! lol

anyway, yeah as a adult we get ignored, autism is mainly only for child support it seems. they dont care as soon as you are a adult. i dont know what you can do, our health services are terrible, our GPs never care. to be fair when i was a kid they didnt care or notice anything then despite how off rails and crazy i was, they probably notice things better now but its just raw luck you was born in a time just before they started at least attempting to spot mental health issues in kids, but in adults it is still ignored as no one cares about adults, even if we pay tax.

Children
No Data