Hi

Hi I'm Asp Wendy. I was diagnosed 3 years ago and still feel like I'm on a journey of trying to discover the real me if that makes any sense. I still feel a stranger in my own skin it's a strange complex feeling.

I'm interested in a lot of things but love to learn about new things and research them until I know everything. LOL.

I'm no good at making friends so I'm a bit of a loner but I do prefer being alone mostly as social situation are hard and cause anxiety.

I'm writing about my ASD journey since I was diagnosed and I want to share it maybe soon.

I might create some topics here so I can get to know some of you and share a little about me. Slight smile

• Oh snap. I'll look forward to whatever you write.

Congrats on the diagnosis btw. I got mine last Nov. I'm avidly reading as many bios and memoires by autistic people as I can. What it means for each of us given our individual backgrounds and individual profiles is so varied. To educate the world we need as many voices out there as possible. I'm composing something too. If only a hundred people ever read it, maybe it will help just one. And that will make it worth while.

Your topics? Ask away, please.

• Hello, welcome to your autistic community. Congratulations on your autistic discovery.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago and still feel like I'm on a journey of trying to discover the real me if that makes any sense. I still feel a stranger in my own skin it's a strange complex feeling.

This feeling does seem strange as you say. Take time to get to know your autistic self and process all the emotions that come with a late autistic discovery. 

We are here for you, if you need some support or want to share similar experiences.

This video might help you understand your own autistic experience better. It’s a video about the six common reactions on the autistic discovery journey.

https://youtu.be/oo34mppLMqE

The entire channel Aucademy is a brilliant resource to help you understand your own autistic identity from other autistic people.

https://youtube.com/channel/UCLsMY1ZY9-8IReQfGX-CvBQ

You say you are no good at making friends, I thought that too until I started connecting with other autistic people. It is so much easier and meaningful. Maybe you are just yet to find your own tribe (maybe autistic) that you connect with. We will happily befriend you on this forum though.

I hope this helps.

• Hi, and congrats on the diagnosis.  Its a journey for most autistic people, i doubt any wake up the next day and suddenly feel massively different or knowing themselves well, so you gradually get there.

Best to be realistic about your social difficulties, no shame in that, though not necessarily impossible, more about finding the best way for you to engage with people socially or for friendships/etc. 

You are a definite systemiser, so you can use that to your advantage to learn about people, psychology, autism, and about yourself, not necessarily deeply or massively, but enough to realise things that help you in life.   Learning how the brain works is good too.

Its a good thing to write about, is this a book plan?