Hi can anyone help, please?

Hi, I wonder if you may be able to help my son, please? He is 32 and has high functioning autism. During the pandemic, he has started up a small business. He was living with his Grandmother, but sadly she passed away. She owned her park home leasehold. The estate is for those over the age of 55, so my son had to leave. From yesterday (5 July) he is homeless. He has been registered with Somerset Homefinder for months with only bronze band status and has had no joy in getting somewhere to live. We have both asked them to review his band status in view of the change in his circumstances, but nothing has been done. Now he is unable, for some reason, to log into his account.

Unfortunately, I live in sheltered accomodation with an age limit of 55, so my son cannot live with me.

My son is a vulnerable adult. I have tried phoning his GP to try to get help (perhaps from a learning disabilities social worker) but I got nowhere. I have contacted Taunton Council and got nowhere. 

It appears that no-one anywhere has the heart to help a vulnerable young man with autism, who is homeless. I find this outrageous in 2022. My son needs a roof over his head and to be safe. For the life of me, I cannot arrange this. I have lost count of how many organisations and people I have contacted. There just seems to be a universal "not my problem" attitude. 

My son needs help and somewhere to live. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data