No one gets me

Hello, 

I have Asd and feel so misunderstood. Everyone who knows me thinks I'm lazy and should try harder to be like everybody else. They don't get me at all even though I've explained so many times how difficult I find things like being with other people, but still I'm forced out and it's destroying and leads to massive exhaustion and terrible anxiety.

My sister is literally the only one who understands me and she helped me get diagnosed in the first place. But she's moving out soon so I know I'm going to feel so alone and misunderstood. 

So I thought maybe try to join an online community where people will understand. So here I am.

Parents
  • I am sorry you feel this way, it must be really isolating and difficult to feel misunderstood. Hopefully by joining this community, you will feel like you have found your own autistic tribe.

I know you only have your sister who understands you but we are your autistic community. We are here to support you and you can share experiences with us.

You are not lazy, you are an amazing autistic person. Your challenges deserve to be validated, so please don’t believe what other people say about you.

You deserve to be understood for the amazing autistic person you are.

I know this might be difficult to realise now, but don’t change in order to be like someone else. Be your amazing autistic self.

I hope this reply makes you feel less alone. We are here for you, hopefully you feel like you belong here.

• I am sorry you feel this way, it must be really isolating and difficult to feel misunderstood. Hopefully by joining this community, you will feel like you have found your own autistic tribe.

I know you only have your sister who understands you but we are your autistic community. We are here to support you and you can share experiences with us.

You are not lazy, you are an amazing autistic person. Your challenges deserve to be validated, so please don’t believe what other people say about you.

You deserve to be understood for the amazing autistic person you are.

I know this might be difficult to realise now, but don’t change in order to be like someone else. Be your amazing autistic self.

I hope this reply makes you feel less alone. We are here for you, hopefully you feel like you belong here.

Children