Hello

Hello, everyone.

I'm a 32-year-old man who doesn't have an official autism diagnosis. However, about a year ago I talked to a therapist who, after a few discussions, suggested it was quite likely that I am autistic. She suggested I take an Autism Spectrum Quotient test, and I scored 39 out of 50.

Given some of the struggles I have experienced in the past and in my day-to-day life, me being autistic makes perfect sense. I often feel that I am approaching things and people at an angle, that I am on a different wavelength to most others. That can make me feel pretty lousy at times; I understand there is a tendency for autistic people to become depressed, and can see why. I get overwhelmed easily, have always found social interaction difficult, and often feel exhausted. My therapist suggests this latter issue is due to my brain working hard, to keep up with everyone and everything else.

For anyone reading, is my situation at all like yours? I'd love to hear from you, and how you manage your autism and its effects in your day-to-day life.

Thank you Slight smile

• Hi, I am in a similar 'semi diagnosed' condition, with similar feelings. I ignored things and isolated myself fincreasingly for years but have finally opened up, and things are making sense to me reading other people's experiences on here.

Social interaction/conversational skills are my biggest issue in all.nanher of one to one and group situations, outside of'functional' work type discussions. Huge effects on friendships, relationships  snd even 'light' socializing with colleagues e.g. avoiding having lunch with people most of the time. Not sure if any of this resonates, feel free to message me direct..