Being Denied Assessment

Hi guys 

Wondering if anyone can help. A psychiatrist saw me and said she believed I was in the autistic spectrum and wrote a detailed letter to my doctor saying this and also that I should self refer to integrated autism services for support. I believed this to be my diagnosis but after two years of telling people I had autism I found out recently that it wasn't  a diagnosis 

I was told  this by my mental health team and that I could only get a full diagnosis from integrated autism services. They have said that it's not them but my mental health team that need to do the assessment as I am under their care for depression and anxiety . 

I'm really overwhelmed by all this and don't know where to turn . I've spent the last few years coming to terms with the fact I've got autism and making sense of my past. I don't know who I am anymore. 

Thanks 

Fi 

Parents
  • You could contact the PALS advice service that covers the NHS Trust that provides your mental health services. Or have you tried contacting the original psychiatrist? Phone and ask to speak to his secretary or the administrator for his clinic.  Hope that helps.

• You could contact the PALS advice service that covers the NHS Trust that provides your mental health services. Or have you tried contacting the original psychiatrist? Phone and ask to speak to his secretary or the administrator for his clinic.  Hope that helps.

Children
No Data