39 living in rural France with parents

Hi 

I was diagnosed 4 years ago with high functioning autism and moved with my parents to rural France.

I tried living independently many times but it overwhelmed me and I turned to alcohol to cover up my anxiety and meltdowns.

Living here has been great for giving up the drink but I am isolated. I live with my parents and have many animals but no friends and I don't drive so I'm here all the time unless my mum and I go to the shops.

I feel depressed and alone with nowhere to vent and I Want to scream! 

I've been getting to know myself the past 4 years knowing I am autistic but I don't know if being here isolated has made my autism worse. 

Anyway it would be so nice to have people to talk to and get to know who's in a similar position.

Jess x

Parents
  • I feel that it would be much better to post what you want to do(if it is talking - put that in title), as I feel that this is too close to heart how most of autistic people feel with limited socialization and asking other people how they do is probably going to lead to results that are not really expected.

What animals do you have?

And what PC games do you play?

• I feel that it would be much better to post what you want to do(if it is talking - put that in title), as I feel that this is too close to heart how most of autistic people feel with limited socialization and asking other people how they do is probably going to lead to results that are not really expected.

What animals do you have?

And what PC games do you play?

Children
  • You wouldn't be there if you weren't using alcohol to relieve stress and drown out your breakdowns. I think you're fine there because you're not driving, and you're not putting yourself at risk for a breakdown. You understand that with your diagnosis, you have to consider your needs and the needs of others. Who would want to listen to you or see you in a state of breakdown? France is a beautiful country, and we were there when we were being treated for the effects of antidepressants. We took tickets to [removed by mod] to be there and get away from nature. It's the best medicine. If you can secure your life at 39, you can get away from your mother. You stayed there with her for something, didn't you?