homeless person with autism in london

I am supporting homeless person with autism in london , R. is currently homeless, he is sofa surfing, he is on homeless waiting list, any ideas how to help him become an urgent case ? local authority not helping much.

Parents
  • My son is autistic and in a similar situation we moved out of a local authority house and on the day of our move our 23 year old autistic son refused to go.  We moved out he is still there and the housing association is still charging us rent we cannot pay so soon he will be evicted the housing association are very unsympathetic to the situation and have no clue about how autism affects someone.  He has had little help from social services at Witt's end as he is refusing to live with us and he has very challenging behaviour.  Housing association cannot see we have no control over him and cannot make him leave.

Sorry cannot help with this as we are in similar situation.

• My son is autistic and in a similar situation we moved out of a local authority house and on the day of our move our 23 year old autistic son refused to go.  We moved out he is still there and the housing association is still charging us rent we cannot pay so soon he will be evicted the housing association are very unsympathetic to the situation and have no clue about how autism affects someone.  He has had little help from social services at Witt's end as he is refusing to live with us and he has very challenging behaviour.  Housing association cannot see we have no control over him and cannot make him leave.

Sorry cannot help with this as we are in similar situation.

Children
No Data