Mother of a 23yr old Autistic Adult

I am desperate for help, currently awaiting a visit for Social Services Adult Assessment .  My lovely gentle son has got himself into bother with the police and we are devastated.

he has lost his little job and it seems like he has not been coping with his finances (lives at home) but has no money left. He has no friends , I’m heartbroken, perhaps I should have seen the warning signs.

can anyone suggest anything? Thank you

Parents
  • I’m so sorry - that must be awful for you all. I have two (young) adult autistic children so I can imagine how distressing such a situation must be for you. My youngest has so little understanding of money issues so i worry about him getting into to difficulties in this way in the future.  What has happened that would cause the police to be involved? Does your son have a diagnosis? Hopefully the police will be understanding if they realise your son has a disability. Can you contact Citizens Advice?

• I’m so sorry - that must be awful for you all. I have two (young) adult autistic children so I can imagine how distressing such a situation must be for you. My youngest has so little understanding of money issues so i worry about him getting into to difficulties in this way in the future.  What has happened that would cause the police to be involved? Does your son have a diagnosis? Hopefully the police will be understanding if they realise your son has a disability. Can you contact Citizens Advice?

Children
No Data