Hello, I am new here

I have been lurking the forum a little and just wanted to say hello.

I am a 37 year old woman living in Manchester UK. Diagnosed with ADHD in October and have my ASD assessment in May.

While preparing for my assessment I discovered I fit the PDA profile 110% - so I'm putting a lot of things into context very fast.

Life so far has been hard and this revelation is huge and its going to take years to understand and unravel. 

I'm interested if anyone else has ADHD and PDA as an adult and if you have managed to improve your life at all?

Do people here consider PDA profiles 'proper autism'? I don't feel I suffer with sensory and social issues to the same extent as autists I know - maybe half as much, and they don't seem to struggle/suffer in quite the same was as me. 

I'm confident they will see at the assessment how much I suffer with demand avoidance, but I'm worried about meeting threshold for ASD diagnosis due to the extent of my sensory issues and masking well.

I am very capable socially with a lot of effort - and I'm woried that I make too much eye contact etc. I have a long track record of being friendless and antisocial but they only have my word for that.

Am I worrying too much?

Very interested in any insight.

Nice to meet you!

• Hi I'm mid 30s, F in Manchester :-) I mask well and can come across as quite typical but I don't know or have been assessed for adhd / pda as I don't feel it fits for me.

Maybe see what they say. They'll be able to give you the information you need and provide answers one way or another.