Hi, I have no special interests.

Hello,

I got diagnosed 7months ago, just before my 28th birthday. Ever since people have been telling me that all my social issues will be solved by going on forums and finding people who share my interests, but the problem is I don't really have any. I like things but not so intently that a person's negative opinion about them wouldn't make me consider dropping that interest. And I don't know lots about stuff I like. I like movies but like I've never seen most of the big ones people seem to always want to talk about. I remember when I heard my friends watched Community I was like "Oooh I've seen that!!" And then they made all these references I didn't get and I started to wonder if I'd missed half the show.

So yeah, here's me trying to join a community forum when I don't even know what I want to talk about with you Upside down

Parents
  • I remember someone once said on the forum, think about stuff you liked or were interested in when growing up. I think the adult world makes us lose focus sometimes, but you might just find a spark going back to things you had forgotten about.

As for films etc I always find it interesting how others were able to explain what happened in a film or the storyline for instance. Altho I don't watch many films, this is something I've always had difficulty with. (For example summarising a story or gist or maybe explaining something) but I'm going off on a tangent here.

Also, check out futurelearn - they do loads of free courses and you don't have to commit to anything.  I've learned about forensic psychology, black holes, gravity, dyslexia, everyday maths etc. Theres a wide range of courses.

• One of my past interests was serial killers, Peter sutcliffe yorkshire ripper. My local library used to think I was a bit odd, but why have the books in the first place.

• If anyone was to look at my streaming history from various sites, it would be about 85% Crime Documentaries. I have also got several books on crime 

• I have, prefer documentaries, but I do watch Crime Shows like Dexter and other similar shows 

Reply Children
No Data