Hi, I have no special interests.

Hello,

I got diagnosed 7months ago, just before my 28th birthday. Ever since people have been telling me that all my social issues will be solved by going on forums and finding people who share my interests, but the problem is I don't really have any. I like things but not so intently that a person's negative opinion about them wouldn't make me consider dropping that interest. And I don't know lots about stuff I like. I like movies but like I've never seen most of the big ones people seem to always want to talk about. I remember when I heard my friends watched Community I was like "Oooh I've seen that!!" And then they made all these references I didn't get and I started to wonder if I'd missed half the show.

So yeah, here's me trying to join a community forum when I don't even know what I want to talk about with you Upside down

Parents
  • Hi, I don't have a special interest either. Sometimes I feel like I do because I become really interested in a certain thing, lets say space, but it doesn't last. I seem to phase into one thing and then another. I feel it's a special interest for a bit and then I lose interest and find something new. I've always been like this. So you are not alone :) 

• I totally get this. I do the same, zone in on something and then at no given time, move onto something else. I suffer with recurrant depression and actually want to hold onto an interest a bit longer than I do. I'm into religion and faith atm but this will soon disappear. 

• I totally get this. I do the same, zone in on something and then at no given time, move onto something else. I suffer with recurrant depression and actually want to hold onto an interest a bit longer than I do. I'm into religion and faith atm but this will soon disappear. 

Children
No Data