Unsure

Hi

Im sorry if you get lots of these queries on here.

I am not diagnosed with autism but with various anxiety disorders (SAD, GAD).

However I feel sure that something more is going on , that I am ND,  and the reasons for this are complicated to explain as they don't fit the standard criteria which is why I think I've struggled to get a GP to listen to me.

My main issues are sensory difficulties, difficulties with inconsistent routines, and difficulties being accepted socially. 

But my biggest, biggest worry is making errors at work. I absolutely cannot cope with it. The usual advice for people with anxiety just does not work. I never want to make an error ever again. I hate errors, and fear of making errors is ruining my life. 

Does anyone have any advice on making errors from an ND perspective.

Thanks 

Parents
  • Hello

Have you googled AQ questionnaire?  Please do so, answer it, copy it and take it to your GP and insist you get diagnosed.  I say this because the worries you speak about, I’ve had all my life, I’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (over 25 years ago) and depressive disorder (in my late teens) but I was born in the 1960s and I’m sure if my mother had taken me now in my teens to be helped it would be for ASD. After all these years, I’m now on a waiting list for an official diagnosis. Don’t give up and try your best. Good luck 

• Hello

Have you googled AQ questionnaire?  Please do so, answer it, copy it and take it to your GP and insist you get diagnosed.  I say this because the worries you speak about, I’ve had all my life, I’ve been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (over 25 years ago) and depressive disorder (in my late teens) but I was born in the 1960s and I’m sure if my mother had taken me now in my teens to be helped it would be for ASD. After all these years, I’m now on a waiting list for an official diagnosis. Don’t give up and try your best. Good luck 

Children
No Data