Hello

Hi everyone, 

I'm new on here and just trying to figure out if I have autism.

I'm about to turn 50 and have only recently started looking into autism via websites and youtube which made me realise that many of my character traits might be down to autism. I find social interaction very difficult even to the degree that writing on here is challenging. It would be so easy for me not to do anything but I feel that finding out the answer would help me greatly. 

Any advice you can give me would be appreciated so thanks in advance 

Daz

• Hi, 

Sorry to hear that, it must have been tough.

I'm so new to all this and just coming to terms with which aspects of my life are affected by autism. Reading what other people have gone through or struggle with has made me realise how hard this condition can be.

Daz

• Hi Daz,

I'm 69yrs old ;later this month, and i've only in recent years realised i'm autistic.

I've always been shy and awkward with others, but it's embarrassing to talk about, isn't it. I think i must have been in my mid 20s when i first asked my Gp for advice, but all he did was give me a little book to read.  It wasn't  until after my Mum died, 14yrs ago, that i got a computer  and found out things which answeed so many questions. At first i read about social anxiety and thought, that's me !!!  I think others knew i was Autistic long bebore i did. After my Mum died, my two sisters took me for thousands and thousands of pounds, Almost got to the point that i was going to lose my house. I must have been so easy to con. People warned me, but i trusted them 100%, they were my family !!! At my Mums funeral i remember one of the old neighbours who had known us since we were children saying to me ........... Why is she crying (referring to my sister) ?  Has the golden goose gone ? She said don't you take over from your Mum, they never did anything for her, and now they'll take you to the cleaners. I thought i knew better, i thought everyone is honest and tells the truth. If i could only go back intime and live my life again,