Hello

Hello I'm Claire, it's nice to meet you :) 

I love reading. I own so many books which I just read all over again. I like to draw and paint as well. Really love to be creative!

I work as a typist, this is only part time so not a lot of stress for me. Usually start in the afternoon and finish about 7 or 8 in the evening. I love to write as well so it's the ideal job for me :) 

I like old jewellery, I collect it and wear some of it. I own Victorian jewellery which is just gorgeous! Love the older stuff.

I received my diagnosis of Autism when I was still at school. I'm in my mid 20s now and oh boy is life hard. So many struggles. Feels like Autism gets worse the older you get, it has for me, feel exhausted from it all. I don't talk much, mostly silent because I find talking to people hard. A lot of people think I'm rude but it's just I feel uncomfortable talking and being around others.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and being active here :) 

• Hi Claire :) 

I absolutely love antique jewellery and have also always loved all things Victorian. When I was in my teens I used to buy vintage clothes that had a Victorian look to them. I was very into the pre-raphaelites and William Morris etc (and still like them). I love the Arts and Crafts aesthetic too and I also love Literature from that period too. One of my favourite pieces of Victorian jewellery that I own is is a tiny silver filigree ‘ball’ charm that has a spinning compass inside. So precious - it was a great find that I bought  at Newark Antiques fair - lots of great antique jewellery dealers at that fair - it’s huge.
    I have to agree that I find life more difficult as I get older too.  I’m hoping it will get easier at some point though - as right now I’m finding things really difficult..  it’s nice to come on here though and realise that lots of people feel the same way. 

• Hi Claire,

Pleased to meet you.

From a fellow newbie, creative and one well acquainted with the relationship you express between autism and aging.

Though I may be a little more weary! (aged 48).

I very much hope you enjoy your time here and wish you all the best.

Jim from Jimberry and the Couscous (small Youtuber)