Hey

Hey there

I'm Charlotte. New to autism, well I guess I've always been autistic but I recently got my diagnosis.

My parents been pushing me to get a job, think I'm lazy and need to get out there so I got an interview and did that today and surprise surprise it was horrific. I had a panic attack and the interview was less than five minutes and then on my way back home the bus was packed and I had another panic attack.... Omg I'm pathetic can't do anything right!

So that's my failure for today

I'm really into singing and music. Would love to be a singer one day. I have an angelic voice lol would love to share some of my singing with you one day if I'm brave enough.

I love reading too.

And I like writing. My sister teaches writing and I learn from her and became pretty good so yay ^-^

This is a long starting message sorry about that

Good to meet you all

Parents Reply
  • Hi Kate

I'm sorry to hear you suffer with attacks as well. They are frequent things for me, try to avoid anything that triggers them if pos

What do you like to read and listen to?

I like all kinds of music tbh... Depends on what mood I'm in. I love music though so relaxing

I like to read as well but do struggle with it sometimes

Children
  • I struggle to read too when I’m anxious - it’s hard to concentrate. I like a wide variety of music - lots of weird folk stuff, and I really like really early religious music and choral things, and psalms. I’m not religious but I love  pure, peaceful choral pieces. I also like more mainstream things like First Aid Kit, Arcade Fire and the Killers. 
    but at the moment I’m struggling with anxiety so I’m listening to more gentle, classical music. 
    before the pandemic I used to often visit a cathedral where they had regular choral evensong and that wa ps the most peaceful music - echoing around the ancient cathedral walls. So soothing. I really miss it.