Help with my son

My son was assessed for autism n didn't meet there cryteria althou it states he meets the criteria for sensory difficultys on the report and states he's to have ot input the occupational therapist have now stated they don't diagnose Sensory processing disorder in this country.and shh states it sounds like he has sensory issues related to sound n touch but this doesn't mean it's spd as we all have sensory issues. And because my sons now self harming due to not been able to self regulate himself during meltdowns they said I've to wait for cahms input before they can say what there can do next. N for me to read on ot sensory tips and guidence n put them into play to see if they work before they can do owt else she said she ring in 3months time to check in for an update about other services.i also mention led if they could refer my son Luke for a dypraxia assessment as this all could be linked to having this and that he's dad has it he's auntie has it and 2 cousins have autism all I'm getting off ot is they will speak to maneger and see if they will refer him for a dyspraxia assessment. She told me I've to wait for a letter n this may take a few weeks because she has a lot ov work to catch up with cos she's only just got back from being on sick. I don't kno what to do next can any help with suggestions.

Parents
  • hiya,

that sounds like an awful situation to be in. fingers crossed that someone helps soon. i have struggled with self-harm for a long time, feel free to privately message me if you need any advice.

it sounds like there is nothing you can do except wait which is rather annoying. are you in contact with your sons school about these issues? they may be able to put certain things in place even though he doesn't have an official diagnosis.

also, you may want to remove your sons name from the post?

Alisha xx

• School isent supportive at all there aware of he's issues n I'm waiting on  a meeting with different proffesionals I'm so frustrated with it all I'm fighting to try get support as at Min my family is a broken one and I carnt cope with my sons meltdowns am asking for support n the services just pass the book bak to me I've done course after course to prove I'm trying new techniques to support my son but my mental health is failing due to not having the proffesional help we have five kids n all our time is on one son that's struggling to regulate he's emotions and now is self harming and trying to get diagnosis is a no go and just feel I'm back at square one with it all. While we are waiting on services to do there job the kids are effected n Luke's worsening I just don't kno what to do for best x

• School isent supportive at all there aware of he's issues n I'm waiting on  a meeting with different proffesionals I'm so frustrated with it all I'm fighting to try get support as at Min my family is a broken one and I carnt cope with my sons meltdowns am asking for support n the services just pass the book bak to me I've done course after course to prove I'm trying new techniques to support my son but my mental health is failing due to not having the proffesional help we have five kids n all our time is on one son that's struggling to regulate he's emotions and now is self harming and trying to get diagnosis is a no go and just feel I'm back at square one with it all. While we are waiting on services to do there job the kids are effected n Luke's worsening I just don't kno what to do for best x

Children
No Data