ADOS Assessment - Help!!

Hi all,

I had my adult ADOS Assessment today via MS Teams through a private company the NHS referred me to and am awaiting a call after the MDT (i'm 35yrs).

Before this my mother had a telephone meeting for my developmental history and from what she told me it went well but were worried that a RTA I had when I was around 15 may confuse judgement, however I had many autistic traits prior to this, my mother did suggest that they speak with my partner of 12yrs who has a full in-depth understanding of my traits and struggles around routine, 'melt downs' etc but we have heard nothing as of yet...

I am now becoming really anxious thinking I gave a bad representation of myself because I became so overwhelmed and nervous in some ways I shut down and may be seen as coming across younger than I am giving simple answers; I couldn't give eye contact to the camera(I struggle with eye contact anyway), I was given a book to look at with frying frogs where I was meant to carry on the story but I just gave a brief description of what I see and pointed out it was silly and unrealistic and I was then told to use 5 small items to make up a story what I couldn't at all and declined it so was asked some questions around sensory issues etc but I was to overwhelmed from the story to go into full depth.

Looking back over this I feel that I really messed up, not that I wasn't the real me just it was the me how I act when i'm really overwhelmed and socially awkward, I do hope that they will take on board my mothers offer of speaking with my partner so they can understand and gain a insight of me on a daily/weekly basis 3rd hand from someone who recognises my traits and has to live with me. Would it be wrong emailing them suggesting they speak with her?

Thanks.

• I’d suggest emailing them anything else you want them to consider. I did that a couple of times. After the last time I did, I subsequently thought of more and more things for them to consider. But I didn’t send them on, as I wanted to leave them to it.

I regret that now as they’ve told me they’ve concluded there wasn’t enough evidence to meet the criteria. My ADOS assessment went similar to yours from the sound of it. I had a zoom call about my history and childhood, which I similarly struggled to explain my points in. I’m waiting on the full report, but at this stage I’m full of regrets.

So send anything in before it’s too late!

• Hello Ver,

The link to your Facebook page has been deleted as it breaks rule 2 of this forum 'This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, contact details, social media, or photographs of yourself.' 

Wishing you all the best,

Karin Mod

• Hola! Soy Verónica, tengo 44 años, de Chile, el año pasado fui diagnosticada con el ados 2, existe un sesgo en la evaluación, muchos autistas aparecen "Normal" al realizar la evaluación, por ello se aplica el ADI-R que es mas entrevista, que es lo que le preguntaron a tus padres, lo mas importante es lo que tu sientes.

Hazte un perfil sensorial para ir conociendo que estimulos sensoriales de alteran y que te tranquilizan.

Te dejo esta pagina que ayuda a identificar cuando enmascaras https://embrace-autism.com/cat-q/?fbclid=IwAR1yS_1YSh27vJGQM_bl0_ec3nWifCIGm4uGoJ3yuQLu_GGSpbaOuRu3hbU

https://www.idrlabs.com/es/espectro-de-autismo/test.php

[link deleted by moderator]

Te envio un fuerte abrazo, espero encuentres lo que buscas

Saludos