Very new

Hi.

I’m very new to everything and a bit overwhelmed having only very recently been diagnosed at 55 and not really expecting it. There’s no one else in my family with autism and I don’t know anyone who is either so feeling very adrift and alone. Hoping to find some answers/help/support/friends here.

Thank you

Parents
  • Welcome to the group.

I think you’ll find someone arrives here every few days with a new diagnosis of Autism, and many of those are over 40.

Everyone here is full of grounded advice, so feel free to ask anything.

I realised I was autistic in 2019, and I had no idea before then, even though I’d been fighting to get my own daughter assessed and diagnosed for many years!

I’ve recently had my assessment privately, and I am in limbo awaiting the result. I am female, 48.

• Thank you! It’s good to find somewhere where people seem to understand and I might finally fit in.

I had my assessment through the NHS which took almost 3 years from start to finish - the wait between the assessments was the worst so I hope you get your result soon 

• Thank you! It’s good to find somewhere where people seem to understand and I might finally fit in.

I had my assessment through the NHS which took almost 3 years from start to finish - the wait between the assessments was the worst so I hope you get your result soon 

Children
No Data