New

Hello, new here. I'm Niblets lol that's actually what I call my daughter because she nibbles everything Face palm tone1‍♀️ but it seemed a good name to use.

I was diagnosed a few years ago, my daughter got her diagnosis last year. I work as a TA but finding this hard now, feel tired and tearful most days can't really function by the time I get home again. My anxiety has kicked off again! Feel so anxious every day and I don't drive now to scared to be on the road. I wish I could work from home but I've no skills to do anything from home and I need the money, so I have to go out to work.

I decided to join because I don't like going through this alone.

Parents
  • Hi, welcome to the forum.

It's the inescapable time and money inverse relationship. Work and have money, but have no time to recover from it, or do not work and have lots of time, but no money. The social interactions at work wear us down. I realised this about 4 years ago when my daughter (also autistic) came to do work experience at my place of work. She was just amazed at how I had very friendly relationships with so many people and how chatty and pleasant I was. It was obvious that I was expending all my social energy at work, and my daughter saw me most often when I was socially depleted and needed a lot of alone time to recover.

I took early retirement two years ago, I really had exhausted my ability to go on working. Luckily I had a reasonable pension. So now I have lots of time and a lot less money. There seems to be no happy in-between.

• Yes your right it does wear you down and by the time your home again you have very little energy left which makes everyone else feel like your neglecting them. I often feel like I'm not there enough for my little girl. Don't know what else to do though, I've got to work to keep us fed and a roof above us.

Sadly I'm a long way of from retirement. How's retirement going for you?

• Retirement is good, no pressures from work means that I'm a bit more engaged with what the rest of the family are doing, which is a pleasant change. I'm also immune to boredom, so just pottering about and cooking are enough to keep me occupied.

• Retirement is good, no pressures from work means that I'm a bit more engaged with what the rest of the family are doing, which is a pleasant change. I'm also immune to boredom, so just pottering about and cooking are enough to keep me occupied.

Children
No Data