Asperger's ADHD Mayer irlen syndrome and sleep disorders

Hi , i was wondering if anyone could give a opinion on a issue I have been facing ?

I was misdiagnosed with schizo affective disorder in the early part of the millennium and medicated incorrectly for the best part of two decades before I sort a private assessment and was then referred by my GP for a NHS asd assessment 4 years ago , I was re diagnosed with Asperger's and ADHD , I have been assessed as having mayer irlen syndrome and have been given a load of pills and told to read the patient information leaflet an look online , I've not been helped I've had all my defercits  triggered and accused of abuse for raising my voice, I ask for advice and I give as much information as I can but no one replys with suitable answers or advice , I want to get on in life but feel I'm being tormented because of the mistakes of others and having my vulnerabilities and condition manipulated to save face for other people , I've had a breakdown and been shelved but on paper it will seem like I've been offered everything unfortunately I've not and my distrust and loss of faith because of the years of ill treatment has been encouraged placing me in meltdown and shutdown and I've deteriorated so much and lost so much trust I'm not sure Ill ever get back , I'm being toyed with and it's cruelty , I've never hurt anyone and I never intend to . 

Does anyone have any practical advice on meltdowns adhd medication Asperger's what's best what may work etc, I've had one face to face with a clinician in 4 years , no answers no advice no adjustments or potions and dangerous treatment , that many meltdowns and shutdowns I've got amnesia and I dissociate , I'm in a mess and feet guilty but when I start to recover I get annoyed and frustrated and angry , these are natural responses to what has happened but are then treated as a negative part of my condition which makes me retract and feel my opinion and concern is not valid , this is in my opinion a form of psychological torment amongst other things , it is destroying me if the people invt can read this PLEASE STOP .

or what 

Parents
  • St, goodness. What's Mayer? 

I have Irlen's - apparently 58% of people on the spectrum do as opposed to just 15% of the general population. A good 'school's optician' can help you with that. They tint my glasses. It's magic, lol.

As for your journey with MH. Yep! Gor Blimey!  Yep! So, totally recognising it. Don't listen, do they? And yes, to be blunt they are too far up their own backsides to be any use. I've had dangerous misdiagnosed too.  Sounds like you've got grounds for a complaint back there somewhere.

But, meanwhile, there is help...from us..form autism charities and services..from your own reading and research. Use us as your sounding board, chunck by chunck, of your issues. We'll help.

I've no knowledge of ADHD though. I'm sure others here might have answers with respect to meds on that.

• Sorry I spelt it wrong , I did get some filters but may have not been correct i'm assuming that it's the comorbidity of the conditions with sleep disorders as well but the colour of things not just reading but environment instantly change my mood and nature of the internal narrative and almost feels like age ,memory ability, understanding all sorts of things , I mirror as well so it's hard for others to judge how to speak to me because I'm low in self esteem and obviously I have a communication problem , I'm easily manipulated and it's too tempting for lots of people but that's the nature of people , (a person isn't stupid but people are) as in pack mentality . I'm slow to bond and trust is easily broken and hard to regain , when people don't engage properly and appropriately it quickly turns into a spiral that renforces bad coping mechanisms and encourages negativity , one you've tried , been ignored , understood and seen no change it becomes confusing .

• It's interesting what you say about colour and mood. Is it possible you have some sort of Synesthesia as well, perceiving something else in the environment as colour, or perhaps just the light quality around you changing?

• Blimey! Ok some of this does sound like extraordinary super sence. Smelling infection? Errr they are training dogs to do this. Some of this sounds like Synesthesia; seeing bricks and smelling them??

As one of the recommendations in my report there was signing up to the University of Sussex Synesthesia project as a guinea pig. Their site is very interesting. Have a poke around and sign up. You might get to the bottom of a few sensory issues and they might get something out of studying you.

Meanwhile, if you are super smell sensitive, might aroma therapy help you focus or sleep better? Maybe experiment with an essential oil burner. Lavender is good for sleep. Lemon grass is good for mood.

• It happened with smell as well , I was seeing a pile of bricks and I could smell the as if they were held up to my nose  and i started to smell where dogs had weed when walking the streets rat urine and I think I was smelling infections on peoples body and breath my head goes into overdrive , but because I had too much going on in my past and present and concerns for the future , myself and my family and other people I couldn't identify the thing that it was or how to approach it for fear it being right .

• It happened with smell as well , I was seeing a pile of bricks and I could smell the as if they were held up to my nose  and i started to smell where dogs had weed when walking the streets rat urine and I think I was smelling infections on peoples body and breath my head goes into overdrive , but because I had too much going on in my past and present and concerns for the future , myself and my family and other people I couldn't identify the thing that it was or how to approach it for fear it being right .

Children
  • Blimey! Ok some of this does sound like extraordinary super sence. Smelling infection? Errr they are training dogs to do this. Some of this sounds like Synesthesia; seeing bricks and smelling them??

As one of the recommendations in my report there was signing up to the University of Sussex Synesthesia project as a guinea pig. Their site is very interesting. Have a poke around and sign up. You might get to the bottom of a few sensory issues and they might get something out of studying you.

Meanwhile, if you are super smell sensitive, might aroma therapy help you focus or sleep better? Maybe experiment with an essential oil burner. Lavender is good for sleep. Lemon grass is good for mood.