Hello

Hello I'm Adele,

New here, not to autism been struggling with that from the beginning. Always different and awkward. Get no understanding and support from anybody, my parents think autism is a mind thing and if I have more willpower then I can overcome it. My grandparents are the exact same. My parents wouldn't even help me get diagnosed I had to go through it all myself which I found distressing and stressful. I am also extremely depressed but I won't go in to that now.

I'm from Manchester, lived here all my life. No friends, just myself for company. I used to enjoy writing, only thing I did well at in school but I don't enjoy it or anything else now. I'm sure it will come back. 

I wanted to join here whilst I still have a little hope left. Be nice to have some friends and support.

Parents
  • Hi Adele, Welcome! I just posted back to one of your other comments from today but then saw this one too :) this is a great community to find support and advice and yes even friends. Join in discussions when you feel comfortable - you are very welcome here!

All the best,

SarahMod

• Hi Adele, Welcome! I just posted back to one of your other comments from today but then saw this one too :) this is a great community to find support and advice and yes even friends. Join in discussions when you feel comfortable - you are very welcome here!

All the best,

SarahMod

Children