Hi everyone, I'm Kiwigirl... from NZ but lived in UK for over 20 years. I have a few mental health diagnoses (as well as some physical chronic pain stuff) and am just going into the autism aspergers road as recommended/referred by the MH team. I was diagnosed ADHD as a child but as I didn't need 'help' at school that was the end of it. This was over 35 years ago in NZ. I'm really struggling with I believe is burnout from just being exhausted and putting all my abilities and energy into masking all day working then I basically crash and need rest, silence, my current food fad and to be alone to read. The research I've started doing is actually making a lot of sense to my growing up and current life. That is positive for me as I like to know or learn everything about whatever topic I fix on. Anyway I'm glad to be here. 

Parents
  • I'm sorry to hear you're struggling.  I also struggle with exhaustion/burnout, force myself to get through the work day, but then crash afterwards.  For me the problem is partly masking, but more trying to get past the executive function issues that cause me to make mistakes in the workplace, trying to do everything correctly even though it involves a lot of multitasking which is not ideal for me.  I only work part-time because of this.

• I'm sorry to hear you're struggling.  I also struggle with exhaustion/burnout, force myself to get through the work day, but then crash afterwards.  For me the problem is partly masking, but more trying to get past the executive function issues that cause me to make mistakes in the workplace, trying to do everything correctly even though it involves a lot of multitasking which is not ideal for me.  I only work part-time because of this.

Children
No Data