Multiple diagnosis

Hello, just wondered if anyone has experience of dealing with multiple diagnosis. My child has aspergers and I’ve just been advised that he has ADHD too. Naturally, I’m upset as he has enough to deal with already and very sad that he has something else on his plate. Not sure what my question is but just want to hear that we are not alone. 

• Many children with ADHD also have a diagnosis of autism too. I suspected these but took a while to get ADHD and longer for ASD. When we did not have these diagnoses it was hard to convince son's Primary school that he had difficulties and needed support. It can help others to understand difficulties they have and support in an appropriate way. 

Also you may have groups or organisations in your area who can help you to support your child. 

• It’s quite usual to get more than one diagnosis,.

My daughter recently had Autism, ADHD and Dyspraxia. She was also borderline with Dyscalculia, but not enough to be diagnosed.

• On the bright side, unlike autism, ADHD can respond quite well to medication.