Hello from Ireland

Hi to you all... 

I have just found this forum, so I'm new here. 

Im 45 and awaiting an autism assessment.

I live near Galway in Ireland and would very much like to meet other people on the spectrum nearby.

Finding the whole process of this journey and the awareness it brings very difficult.

Kinda been trying to reach out to meet other people with similar experiences for advice and support.

Parents
  • Hello to you all! 

Thank you for all the greetings, lovin' the Irish banter.. Hehe.

Although I am only an honory Irish. Im here 20+ years but was born in scotland and raised in east anglia and southern England.

Yeah, its all getting very real as my first assessment interview takes place on Tuesday next.

Meltdowns have been a problem for me recently and have caused big problems including seperation from my wife and baby. I have just discovered my tendancy toward codependancy because of attachment issues and past traumas. This is amplified by many of my traits.

Learning that I am difficult to be around and that my traits and psycological issues cause such problems is very hard to take. I dont want to cause people hurt or troubles.

Being kind to myself is something im not used to either but is something I feel I must learn to be ok with. 

• eh you might be true irish then, as the scottish are not true picts, the scots were a irish tribe that colonised and settled pictland and then named it scotland. which is why the scottish then took northern ireland for britain and filled it up with scottish colonists as that was the scottish true home region the northern ireland part hence doing a recolonisation of their ancestral home under the banner of britain. so you are likely irish if you was born scottish as the scottish are a irish colonial tribe lol

• eh you might be true irish then, as the scottish are not true picts, the scots were a irish tribe that colonised and settled pictland and then named it scotland. which is why the scottish then took northern ireland for britain and filled it up with scottish colonists as that was the scottish true home region the northern ireland part hence doing a recolonisation of their ancestral home under the banner of britain. so you are likely irish if you was born scottish as the scottish are a irish colonial tribe lol

Children
No Data