Hello

Pleased to meet you all. I'm in the process of being assessed/waiting for the next stage of assessment. I'm 41, male, and caring full-time for my father at the moment.

Parents
  • Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I don't suppose anyone knows what the overall delays are with the lancashire autism service at the moment?

My GP submitted the request for an assessment in november 2019. In may/june 2020 I got an initial triage telephone appointment, had some online forms to fill in in september 2020 (AQ50, EQ50, family questionnaire). Six months later I emailed them for an update and was told they'd tried to phone me and hadn't gotten through - got a cancellation for an interview the next week. That was the end of march 2020 though. They say they'll need a sit-down meeting with the whole staff, which can't happen for a while because of covid. Plus the psychologist that did my interview went on maternity leave. So I'm 2 years 2 months in at the moment. Getting a bit antsy.

The interview was interesting though - some things came up that I didn't realise were connected, such as "Do you have very flexible joints?" and  "Do you have a high pain threshold?". Well, yes I do but I didn't know that was an autistic thing? Who else has these. Her closing statement was "You're in the right place", which is a little ambiguous.

• Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I don't suppose anyone knows what the overall delays are with the lancashire autism service at the moment?

My GP submitted the request for an assessment in november 2019. In may/june 2020 I got an initial triage telephone appointment, had some online forms to fill in in september 2020 (AQ50, EQ50, family questionnaire). Six months later I emailed them for an update and was told they'd tried to phone me and hadn't gotten through - got a cancellation for an interview the next week. That was the end of march 2020 though. They say they'll need a sit-down meeting with the whole staff, which can't happen for a while because of covid. Plus the psychologist that did my interview went on maternity leave. So I'm 2 years 2 months in at the moment. Getting a bit antsy.

The interview was interesting though - some things came up that I didn't realise were connected, such as "Do you have very flexible joints?" and  "Do you have a high pain threshold?". Well, yes I do but I didn't know that was an autistic thing? Who else has these. Her closing statement was "You're in the right place", which is a little ambiguous.

Children