I'm 25, jobless, and very depressed

I can't get a job because I live in the middle of nowhere and don't drive. No gym or any reason to go outside when living here. I want to move out but people won't allow me to rent anywhere without having a job. I have enough savings to pay for rent but that doesn't matter to them. So I'm losing money being in a place I hate. Also hate my family and this country.

Parents
  • I was in this position but worse. This is how i got out.

You can make a request for a needs assessment from your local authority however you will need some sort of evidence that you have mental health issues and autism. The evidence can be a doctors letter or a formal diagnosis.

When the need assessment is carried out they may offer you assistance to move out, Help getting on the housing register, Help setting up bills and help you with getting with crucial appliances mike washing machine and a cooker. Doing it this way makes you a priority and puts you at the top of the waiting list which is on average six year wait for those waiting. but you will be given prioty which from my experience can take a couple of months. 

During the needs assessment you need to explain the situation of being limited by lack of transportation and family relationship breakdown and how its affecting your physical and mental health. once you have be assisted to move out they'll then offer you assistance because a adult social worker will formulate health and care plan. that will give you access to early intervention and help which is a division of adult social services who recently have been creating employment teams to assist people with additional needs like autism, Adhd and mental health access employment. 

I highly would recommended that you avoid organisations like The Shaw trust as they do not help, they pressure you into unattainable short term employment. You will end up at square one financial worse of because the scheme/organization doesn't work. and if you sign up with them it prevents you from accessing other schemes like employment kickstart project.

Secondly i would go a contact organisations like citizens advice or equal lives to see if they can help you apply for additional benefits and to look if your on the right amount amount or right version of universal credit. If you struggle with working you may need to look into universal credit with the limited capability to work element which can double the amount you get from benefits and relieves you of pressures of looking for work 30 hours a week and go at your pace or forget about working for the time being and recover from mental health difficulties. You may also be entitled to PIP but it difficult without help. which shouldn't affect your other benefits but may require you to use it to pay for support worker or a cleaner.   

You will never be able to afford private rent as typical housing benefit will only pay up to £350 in rent a month and £100 in additional to the maintenance if you live in a block of flats. and that varies in different places across the UK.

If you have gotten to the stage of looking at flats with the council or housing association do not accept the a flat if you do not think you can't make it work. for example you notice damp, its on the top floor and you happen to have mobility problem and most importantly is too farm from a public transport to more than one location.Or the location has limited public transport that operates under a 10 hour window.  You'll ideally want bus route with access to a city and few towns if learning to drive is too expensive or not an option.  

• I was in this position but worse. This is how i got out.

You can make a request for a needs assessment from your local authority however you will need some sort of evidence that you have mental health issues and autism. The evidence can be a doctors letter or a formal diagnosis.

When the need assessment is carried out they may offer you assistance to move out, Help getting on the housing register, Help setting up bills and help you with getting with crucial appliances mike washing machine and a cooker. Doing it this way makes you a priority and puts you at the top of the waiting list which is on average six year wait for those waiting. but you will be given prioty which from my experience can take a couple of months. 

During the needs assessment you need to explain the situation of being limited by lack of transportation and family relationship breakdown and how its affecting your physical and mental health. once you have be assisted to move out they'll then offer you assistance because a adult social worker will formulate health and care plan. that will give you access to early intervention and help which is a division of adult social services who recently have been creating employment teams to assist people with additional needs like autism, Adhd and mental health access employment. 

I highly would recommended that you avoid organisations like The Shaw trust as they do not help, they pressure you into unattainable short term employment. You will end up at square one financial worse of because the scheme/organization doesn't work. and if you sign up with them it prevents you from accessing other schemes like employment kickstart project.

Secondly i would go a contact organisations like citizens advice or equal lives to see if they can help you apply for additional benefits and to look if your on the right amount amount or right version of universal credit. If you struggle with working you may need to look into universal credit with the limited capability to work element which can double the amount you get from benefits and relieves you of pressures of looking for work 30 hours a week and go at your pace or forget about working for the time being and recover from mental health difficulties. You may also be entitled to PIP but it difficult without help. which shouldn't affect your other benefits but may require you to use it to pay for support worker or a cleaner.   

You will never be able to afford private rent as typical housing benefit will only pay up to £350 in rent a month and £100 in additional to the maintenance if you live in a block of flats. and that varies in different places across the UK.

If you have gotten to the stage of looking at flats with the council or housing association do not accept the a flat if you do not think you can't make it work. for example you notice damp, its on the top floor and you happen to have mobility problem and most importantly is too farm from a public transport to more than one location.Or the location has limited public transport that operates under a 10 hour window.  You'll ideally want bus route with access to a city and few towns if learning to drive is too expensive or not an option.  

Children
No Data