If I’m doing one of my favourite things I don’t like to stop.

When I’m busy doing one of my favourite things like writing a song for example it can sometimes take me for five hours, and in that time if I feel I need to go toilet I just don’t want to go because I want to complete what I’m doing and I think if I break from it I won’t be able to get back to my music and it will get ruined. I can literally be really dying to go to toilet but I won’t go unless I’m absolutely bursting because I can’t seem to break off from what I’m doing.

and if I’m hungry I just won’t eat while I’m doing what I’m doing I can’t break off to eat I just don’t eat sometimes because I forget because I’m too fixated on what I’m doing.

I remember as a child are used to play a game with my marbles.  I used to line all my marbles up every single one on a carpet and then I had another piece of rug.

I would take at two marbles and play them off against each other, the marble that fell off the carpet was the loser, and then the winner went in the winners pile, and the loser went in the loser pile.

I did this right until all the winners were played against each other, and all the losers plays against each other. Until in the end I had one final winner of all the marbles. Each time it there was a different overall winner. I played with my marbles lots I had over 60 marbles  and I played this came the same religiously, I played this game over and over again. it was my favourite game to play, and sometimes it would take me four hours at least to play it and I was absolutely consumed by it.

Parents
  • Ditto, when I focus on something I love I want to spend all my energy on it. The joys of hyper focus.

If forgetting to eat/go to the toilet is a problem, you could set regular reminders on your phone.

Have you heard of monotropism?

thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/.../me-and-monotropism-unified-theory-autism

• That is a good link. When I saw the photo I thought of fungi, I find fungi really interesting it’s amazing stuff.

I remember a while back in 2018 when I had a boyfriend . I’ve finished with him now.

But at the time in 2018 he came round to my place and he said “I don’t mind if you do your music when I’m here.  I said “don’t you? He said “no I don’t mind ‘.So I did my music, after four hours he said to me, “you haven’t paid me any attention whatsoever”. I pointed out to him that he told me he didn’t mind if I did my music. He replied “well I didn’t expect you to spend four hours while I was here”. He told me it’s as if he didn’t even exist. I replied “ you don’t exist when I I’m doing my music nobody does only my music exists. When I’m in the music zone” I find I don’t want to speak to anyone, I don’t want to do anything I just want to do my music. Or I will get very upset. Thanks for that link it is good I will read it more thoroughly when I have more time.

• That is a good link. When I saw the photo I thought of fungi, I find fungi really interesting it’s amazing stuff.

I remember a while back in 2018 when I had a boyfriend . I’ve finished with him now.

But at the time in 2018 he came round to my place and he said “I don’t mind if you do your music when I’m here.  I said “don’t you? He said “no I don’t mind ‘.So I did my music, after four hours he said to me, “you haven’t paid me any attention whatsoever”. I pointed out to him that he told me he didn’t mind if I did my music. He replied “well I didn’t expect you to spend four hours while I was here”. He told me it’s as if he didn’t even exist. I replied “ you don’t exist when I I’m doing my music nobody does only my music exists. When I’m in the music zone” I find I don’t want to speak to anyone, I don’t want to do anything I just want to do my music. Or I will get very upset. Thanks for that link it is good I will read it more thoroughly when I have more time.

Children