Partner un-diagnosed

Hello, I am new to this community and would like to find help and support for my partner and myself. He is 41 and un-diagnosed as autistic. He has completed the questionnaires and has been recognised as autistic by people around us who have experience.

He is also struggling with severe mental ill health and has been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue with myalgia pain.

We want to get a diagnosis, but do not know where to start, He has mentioned it to his GP before, but he has so many health problems, they didn't respond.

If anyone has any advice, I would be incredibly grateful. 

Thank you very much

Fizz

• Youre very welcome and i had to literally hit to bottom to ask for help.  There were no options for me as my wife just thought i was being a ***....so i said i needed mental health help, like crisis help.  They picked up on it and basically said i wasnt crazy, which seems like a lot of people on here who have been diagnosed with "chemical imbalances" ect.....so....push for your husbands mental health, if you need to, ring your local mental health service.....tell them.  Ask gp to refer him and tell them.  Other people may have better suggestions?  

• Hello LaTeRaLuS, thank you so much for replying.

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time and really hope that you have a support network around you. GPs are so hit and miss around the country. My partner went through 4 before we found one that would actually listen to him.

It's so hard during Covid too as you feel like it's not urgent, so shouldn't bother the GP, but actually, when you are at a point of no return, it is urgent.

Good luck with everything and thank you for your advice.

Fizz

• Im 41, had fatigue and was struggling.  Ive been on every anti depressant.  None worked.  Had a meltdown last month.  Rang gp and said i was feeling suicidal, bad anxiety, confusing thoughts....i was referred to mental health team....phone consultation....and they brought up asd. Then a face to face assessment "questionaire" and a refera. Not heard anything back yet, but its worth asking to be referred to the mental health team to get the ball rolling?  Maybe your gps are better? Mine are useless.

Good luck to your husband, hes not alone