Supportive hard soled shoes for toddler

Hello, we’re currently starting our assessment journey for our two year old son and although not the most important issue raised by our paediatrician, one of them was to get him some different shoes to help curb the constant walking on tip toes so he doesn’t develop calf issues. She mentioned a shoe that’s supportive around the ankles and stiff soled. His current boots are quite flexible on the sole. Does anyone know where the best place to find appropriate toddler shoes is? He’s always worn Clarke’s shoes so hoping to find some in our local branch but thought I’d ask to see if anyone knew of anywhere else that I could try or offer any advice in general about tip-toe walking. 

Parents
  • I’ve done this since a child, my autistic brother did this- no one I know has calf issues. Get him into sport and yoga/judo so he can learn to use the muscle properly if that’s a concern. Running, dance, gymnastics- hyper focused balancing techniques are actually incredible for us. I’ve heard many autistic individuals enjoy walking on their toes. Better to go with the nuance and teach the art of a motor skill and discipline than to try and crush or suppress it. 

There are much more harmful things a child can engage with and everything can be put into a discipline. If they like electricity? Math and engineering: Little Bits. If they like banging things, buy them tools and give them projects. If they like dead things, give them a compost heap and biology books. Sugar? Teach them to bake with dates and honey and other natural sweeteners which contain minerals and vitamins. 

• "Really"... meaning... Would love to respond if I knew what you were asking :) 

Reply Children
No Data