Supportive hard soled shoes for toddler

Hello, we’re currently starting our assessment journey for our two year old son and although not the most important issue raised by our paediatrician, one of them was to get him some different shoes to help curb the constant walking on tip toes so he doesn’t develop calf issues. She mentioned a shoe that’s supportive around the ankles and stiff soled. His current boots are quite flexible on the sole. Does anyone know where the best place to find appropriate toddler shoes is? He’s always worn Clarke’s shoes so hoping to find some in our local branch but thought I’d ask to see if anyone knew of anywhere else that I could try or offer any advice in general about tip-toe walking. 

Parents
  • Clarks may have some some small sizes in the bigger kids shoes rather than ones designed for “first walkers”. I’m sure my daughter had some high top trainers from there when she was around a size 5 that had quite stiff flat soles. I’m sure she had some nice ankle boots around the same time but I think they had the first walker soles. Maybe see if you have any local independent shoe shops with experienced fitters who might be able to help

• Thank you, I’m going to take a look today and see what they have. I can’t think of any independent ones near me but there will probably be some not too far away so will find out. 

Reply Children
No Data