Connor Curren, an Actor with Autism, stars in National Theatre production.

The National Theatre specifically sought an actor with neuro diversity to take over the lead role in "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time" - https://abilitytoday.com/neurodiversity-hands-autistic-actor-his-big-break-in-curious-incident-tour-the-times/.

Comments?  

• Thank you for sharing this wonderful news about Connor Curren's role in "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time." It's heartening to see the National Theatre's commitment to inclusivity and providing opportunities for actors with neurodiversity. It's a significant step toward diversity and representation in the entertainment industry.

If you're interested in exploring more actors who have surprised us with their performances, you can see this list of 10 Aussie actors who managed to convincingly portray characters from different backgrounds, showing their versatility in the world of acting.

• "National Theatre (NT)" I jest.  

Well spotted. That's one I wish I'd spotted haha.

• There is a centre in my locality where the ND of all types can meet up and undertake several different activities. One of the activities you can do is acting. A regular there, autistic, loved acting and he got a lot from it as well as giving it back by way of a performance as a goal.

• "National Theatre (NT)" I jest.  

It's good to hear that he feels comfortable being himself in something that is his passion.  I've always wanted to do theatre but I'm not able to do this as a single parent....

• Great news!

I'm now dreading that slightly unhinged NASXXXX poster will come back saying "he can't possibly be autistic if he can act on stage, my son can only do X..."

• I first saw the play when I was 16 with my high school drama class and with Scott Reid as Christopher. Five years later and with a diagnosis myself, going to see this play again when it comes to Edinburgh next month will mean so much more especially if it's one of Connor's performances.

• I read a book, good read, some generic autistic traits clearly visible, including the way he thinks

it won't be easy for him

portraying autistic even if you are with all the pressure

fingers crossed and all kudos

• I've just seen this on the ITV news.

Well done on getting the lead roll Connor.

Break a leg!

Ben