New person hi!

Hi, I'm new here. I've recently been diagnosed with Autism and I'm in my early 20s. I also have ADHD and severe anxiety too. I'm not going to lie, I'm kinda struggling but I'm trying. It's hard to find a job which is autism friendly or find a job where I don't have to be around people all the time. I feel like an outsider most of the time and it's hard to know where to go for support. 

• Hi to you.  I'm an old timer who doesn't fit in anywhere, even not here.

• Good to meet you. I'd encourage you to ask questions, as several people have given useful advice to me on these forums.

• i too am autistic with ADHD  --- my anxiety has reduced a bit

look for jobs with large working from home component ---- i find working from home really helps.

• Hi, welcome.  A lot of people here will relate to employment difficulties - the majority of people with autism are unemployed, so you aren't alone in that and try and accept its difficult rather than fighting it.

Here is a good place to get a bit of support, there isn't always much support out there for autistic adults but have a look in your area for autism/ADHD charities, support groups, and also for employment support - the job centre might be able to help if you claim Universal Credit.

Do you take any medication for ADHD and the anxiety?  If not, you could see your GP about that as it can help some people.

• Hey Wave welcome! You won't be an outsider here! We are all here to chat Slight smile if you have any questions ask away!