Autistic daughter 21 - transition to new job

My daughter has just changed jobs. The transition has been tough for her and managing all her anxieties at home a challenge.

She gets older but her difficulties don’t go away…

• It can be difficult for autistic people to cope with changes - sometimes they need a long time to adjust, or the change is distressing and too much. 

Are we talking days, or weeks/months?  If its not been long then try and help her cope with the changeover, but if its been a few months then maybe the job is not right for her, or she might need reasonable adjustments.

Autism doesn't fade away with age or experience, sadly - its with you for life.   She might learn to manage things better, or need medication to help, or need the right job, or not work at all.  All those options are OK, important to hold on to that.

• Hi! As a 22 year old just diagnosed with autism, I understand. Job changes are scary. Has she disclosed her diagnosis with the employer? I would advise writing a explanatory letter to the employer explaining this and see if they can provide any assistance x