Hewo, i'm new!!!

Hiya! I am autistic studying certHE in dance. I have 7yrs stagecoach performing arts training and 2yrs doing a btec in circus. I hopefully will be doing my BA in performing arts next year. 

I am 22 and a care leaver living with my doggo(luna) and 2 cats (kida and storm).

I am greatly inspired by DV8's "can we talk about this?" regarding my own work and projects. During lockdown, I created a verbatum theatre and dance piece on Body Dysmorphia as I also suffer from it. I wanted to raise awareness of the subject and to those who suffer from it, to know they aren't alone. This year I am considering working with a few of my autistic circus friends to create a short performance piece on masking and individuality. My working title is "A Gaudy Old Raincoat". 

I don't know what else to say. Pronouns: she/her

Parents
  • Dance is my favourite thing in the world.

I danced Ballet for 15 years, and studied DV8's Dead Dreams of Monochrome Men in college (where I studied performing arts.)

I'm glad there are other autistic girls who love all things theatre!

• Dance is my favourite thing in the world.

I danced Ballet for 15 years, and studied DV8's Dead Dreams of Monochrome Men in college (where I studied performing arts.)

I'm glad there are other autistic girls who love all things theatre!

Children
  • Ive been struggling at uni. The others don't understand autism at all and the other day i started thinking, i was losing my mind because i genuinly thought they said something completely different to what they said they meant. I tried to explain that i was scared and confused, not trying to start anything but they just didnt get it. i felt so alone and cut off. And it keeps happening. It's like, why bother speak at all. I doubt everything i read or hear and i feel im losing it and im scared. There's no support system in place like they claim there is. I had to take the day off uni today because im not coping.