Diagnoses or not

Hi

I just joined as a member today.

I am 50 years old (female) and have always struggled with relationships (two failed marriage both less than 1 year long) and friendships along with many other issues - which I now believe has been misdiagnosed as mental health difficulties.

My light bulb moment came when I asked for my teenage Daughter to be assessed and when going through the initial questionnaire with CAMHS (they don't believe she does have autism) I was able to identify with most of the questions.

I am now in the situation of trying to get diagnosed with NHS if possible as I can't afford the £1K + cost for a private appointment.

I have spoken to my parents who are supportive of being involved in any process and I am just waiting for the local Adult Autism team to send me a self-referral form.

Parents
  • I was diagnosed at 45 and definitely think it’s worth it. It meant I felt validated and could start to understand myself and why I’ve never fit in to the point of being badly misunderstood as a child and teenager.

• I was diagnosed at 45 and definitely think it’s worth it. It meant I felt validated and could start to understand myself and why I’ve never fit in to the point of being badly misunderstood as a child and teenager.

Children